Friday, April 20, 2012

Five Minute Friday [Wisdom]

Einstein was a genius!


Solomon asked for one thing...wisdom.  
God gave him wisdom more than riches.  

Solomon was sought out by the wise for his wisdom.  
He wrote inspired wisdom in Proverbs.

Wisdom is at the heart of God.

David was wise to seek God's heart.  Wisdom lives there.  
It starts with the fear of the Lord.  See Proverbs 111:10

Wisdom is hidden inside His.

Paul prayed for wisdom and understanding.  Not only for himself but for others. Because he knew where it was kept and experienced it's worth.  
By doing so, he lived a life worthy of the gospel.  
Paul lived a life that pleased God.  
In praying for wisdom, he produced, grew in knowledge and gained strength,faith, trust, endurance, patience, peace, and joy.

Wisdom is knowledge and understanding.  
Seeking wisdom is the wise thing to do.  
Wisdom is relevant, keeps God close and it keeps us close to God.  
It is something to discover, uncover, and recover.  
It calms and restores fractured faith.  

Where is wisdom?  Start in Proverbs...it's wise reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that God gave you the wisdom to write!

Anonymous said...

Well I have to echo that, once as a baby christian, I was battling to hear God for myself and trusted the people around me to help me a little, I heard God one evening say clearly to camp out in proverbs for a while, I bounced it off my accountability partner.. Who said to me that I was still too "immature to be chewing on that" ... I took a 2 year detour and realized I was hearing God all along because I had sought his heart.. Encourage those reading this that it doesn't matter how young or old you are in God, his grace is new every day, every day is a new chance to experience a new facet of God so dig deep, seek Him and him only - give him your first fruits.. Your time, resources and its amazing what he does in your heart.. And if he speaks.. Quieten your spirit and listen, learn at the feet of the master. ~ Lorna