Monday, April 23, 2012

Music Monday [Always]


I love the truth that lives in these lyrics by Kristian Stanfill.  If anyone tells you life as a Christian is easy, it's not true.  And really...it shouldn't be.  If it was, then we wouldn't need God.  God knows just what we need, when we need it, and how we need.  I am thankful that God is always for us.  When trouble surrounds me, this song surrounds me with truth.


In my walk there are many foes.  When they rise up against me, I must remember that God is for me.  When things don't make sense I must trust.  When there are storms, I ask God to calm them, but many times instead, He calms me and leads me through them.  I have learned to lean on and lean in. 


Nothing else works as well as God does.  He is my help...always.


Oh sure there are times of fear, weak faith, and doubt but one thing I do know...God's promises are true and right.  He will come through on His time, on His schedule, and for my good.  There are times of wait that I don't need to understand.  But I do need to know that I am not alone.  I need to know that God will not desert me in my desert.  He is my help.  He is Faithful.

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

These lyrics help me keep my eyes on Him, and the troubles of this world soon fade.  Whatever is clamoring for your attention isn't as important as who God is.  God is for us and God is good.  Always. 


Remember His Goodness.  Always.

No comments: