Thursday, February 7, 2013

Red Carpet Rest


It's special day to find a hand-written note of any kind in your postal mail box.  When you get an invitation to a party or a celebration that is delightful.  It means someone thought of you and wants to include you in their special celebration.  Your name is on someone's invitation list.

Did you know your name is also on God's invitation list?  In fact, Jesus rolled out the red carpet for you.  

Matthew 11:28  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Will you celebrate this special invitation?....."Come".  Jesus spoke an invitation to His disciples, and to you.

God invites us to come into His presence as He waits and watches our journey toward Home.  Come...with your tired and worn self barely making it over the threshold, all weary and dragging your heavy heart.  

Come to His loving arms and load up on His Rest.

If you come...God promises rest.  I don't know about you but there are some days where I need physical rest.  But daily I need a spiritual rest too.  This life is full of burdens on a hourly basis.  And honestly, it can wear a little soul out.

But Jesus....promises that when I come to Him, He will give me Rest.

In one invitation...His gentle hand is extended.

He softly calls please come...

And in one endearing grip, he exchanges my soul heaviness for His rest.

Jesus rolls out the red carpet to you as He already knows your burdens.  He knows what's on our heavy hearts and He is waiting for us to accept simple His invitation to be honest in our tears, bold in approach and to rest in His lavish love for us.

His rest invitation brings heart change and transformation.

That's Perfect Rest.  Peaceful Rest.  Promised Rest.  Rest.  

The Red Carpet Rest line starts here....what are you waiting for?  Think about how special this is.  We serve a God who not only listens to us our weary worries, but invites us to cry out to Him any time of the day.  He never closes His ears to our need.  He doesn't tune out.  His eyes don't glaze over with our deep needs or problems.  His heart doesn't wear out from our repeated requests.  His love doesn't grow thin.  He is not stingy with His comfort and peace.  

God invites you.  Come.  Celebrate.
Receive His rest.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post and reminder that we get true rest from God!