Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The strength of our faith


Sometimes, it’s easy to wonder if God even hears our prayers.   We tend to think we are one small voice among millions knocking on God’s heart with our requests.

I used to think God didn’t have time for me or my insignificant prayers.  Why would he bend down and listen to needs when there were much “bigger problems” to care for?  There was no way my little needs would be heard by God.  So, I didn’t have much faith in the conversations between us.

It was only after I became a Christian that I understood that no words to our Father are insignificant.  After accepting the personal work of Jesus on the cross for my sins, everything became very personal.

My prayer posture changed the day I believed in Jesus.  I knew without a doubt that God touched my heart and was Jesus was my Savior. It felt like I was the only person alive that needed saving that day.  That was many years ago, but a move of God like that changes you forever.  I am so grateful that our Father is such a personal God.

My prayers changed my faith.  I started to believe and know that my prayers were always important as the next person’s prayers.  I became expectant and waited on the Lord to answer for His best answer for whatever was happening in my life.

My perspective of God has changed my prayers.  I love the way Pastor Craig says it best, “The size of your requests reveals the strength of your faith.”  Faith is about the unseen, not evidence.

Faith isn’t based on feelings, either.  How often does doubt hit our hearts when we don’t hear from God right away or in what seems to be His silence?

I believe by faith God’s best answer is enough and worth waiting for.  Our conversations with the Father make a difference in our faith, and it builds trust that fuels our faith.  Faith that believes, persists and is put to work pleases God.

Don’t you love it when you please the Father?  Faith is a demonstration of what we believe and know about our God, who loves us more than we could ever imagine.

The Accuser likes to hinder our hearts from believing God for what he tells us and then makes our faith falter. There is no room in our faith for those kinds of sneak attacks.

We have to believe God for who He says He is.  He is mighty, all-powerful, and all-knowing.

Believe that He has a plan to grow you in your faith and trust in Him.  His faithfulness shows us that He alone is a personal God and most trustworthy.

After all, God thought you were worth dying for – that’s why Jesus came. He sent His Spirit, our Counselor, to help us in our everyday faith journeys and when life brings storms that build our faith.

So have faith in a God who is very personal, who cares, and has all the answers to your problems.  He’s still in the healing business, He’s into restoring families and marriages, and cares deeply about each and every need like you are the only one who talks His ears off.

Believe it, our God is that BIG.  Just ask Him, He’ll tell you…”I AM your God!”

1 John 5:14-15, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us–whatever we ask–we know that we have what we asked of him.” 

No comments: