Friday, February 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Worry!


Today's fast Friday challenge word is worry:  Go! 

Do you ever worry?  Or have you worried about worrying?  
I have...then I stopped at this verse.....

"Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.  Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:22-26

Frankly, worrying makes you weary.  Worry speaks of fear, of mistrust, and unbelief.  When you're hit square between the brows with life's swirling circumstances and you've done all you know to do, worrying is futile.    


Worry confuses.  Surrender to God reassures.

Worry destroys.  Faith builds trust.

Worry separates.  Prayer tethers us to His strength.

Worry breeds doubt.  Trust births dependence on Him.

Nothing about your life has caught God by surprise. He knew a long time ago you would be in the middle of whatever it is your facing today. He sees all the details...the good, the bad, the ugly....your dark thoughts. He's not weary about how it's going to work out.....So why worry?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, today is friday, i should have gotten this last friday, but i am learning to trust Him, i took the step out on my own in the streets but started worring and i chickened out and had my mom come get me, thinkin i wasn't where i should be, but DANG!!!! it is scary, i'm a grown man and shouldn't be relying on my parents which i am not much just looking for work around here, one came up, but i was having to depend on my dad to come get me for lunch didn't have no lunch so was eatin thier food gettin yelled at for the fridge door open to long, not even one minute, i was just thinkin i'm goning through persecution, but i should leave and stay at the salvation army and look for work i got a few apps in allready, one at hope outreach,i would like to work thier, i'll have one at a mechanic shop monday, God bless and thanks for ur devotion to our merciful Father

Unknown said...

I have gotten really behind on my reading and today I know why, I needed to read this blog today! Thanks!